How To Organize Your Bedroom
According to Dr. Lindsay, a sleep expert, creating a good organization system for your bedroom shall give you a clean lovely resting space. Using creative organizing techniques, you can declutter and organize your bedroom within a short time as shown in this post. If your bedroom is cluttered and looks disorganized, this is a step-by-step guide to show you how to organize your bedroom and keep it organized based on techniques shared by experts.
- Declutter items in your bedroom
Collect all clutter in your bedroom in one place and start sorting it out. According to decluttering expert Vicky Silverthorn, you should avoid working on all clutter categories at a time. Take your time and sort a single category of clutter at a time.
Often stuff that we use in other rooms ends up in the bedroom. For instance, beauty products in the bathroom might be carried to the bedroom. Remove such stuff and return them to the rooms they should be to clear unnecessary clutter in your bedroom and keep it organized.
Remove stuff you no longer need or use in the bedroom including old clothes, shoes, and other stuff.
- Clean your bedroom
It is now time to clean your room before you start organizing stuff. Dust and vacuum your bedroom floor then use a good cleaner for the walls and furniture. Once everything in your bedroom is clean, you can proceed to set up the organization system.
- Organize The Closet
A closet should be organized in a manner that makes it easy to access your clothes, shoes, and accessories. To organize your closet, start with sorting your clothes, shoes, and accessories into categories.
Place clothes, shoes, or accessories that you use regularly at the front of the closet and those you rarely use at the back of the closet.
Use the space between the top of your closet and the roof to store suitcases and any other stuff that might be cluttering your prime bedroom space.
- Position the bed correctly
Positioning a bed well ensures easy movement within the bedroom and a peaceful sleep. So, what is the right position to place a bed in the bedroom? Generally, place your bed in a position that won’t distract your movements in the bedroom and shall allow easy access to the bed from both sides.
A bed should be placed against the wall opposite the bedroom door in a way that you can see the door while on the bed. However, the bed should not be placed in line with the bedroom door position. According to feng shui, you should avoid placing your bed below the window or directly facing the door.
Avoid placing your bed in the corner. Ensure you leave enough space between the wall and the side of your bed. This shall ensure easy access to the bed from both sides. However, if you have a small bedroom, you can still place the bed in a corner.
- Keep your bedroom smelling good
A good-smelling bedroom allows for a peaceful rest. Some fragrance scents have proven to be physically and psychologically healing. View this post to discover the best spa scents to use in your bedroom and bring a relaxed, calm, or intimate feeling to your bedroom.
- Store extra stuff and bedding below the bed – Recommended for a small bedroom
The space below your bed is a good area to place extra bedding that might fill up your wardrobe or clutter a small bedroom. This is easier if your bed has ready-made drawers below it. However, if your bed isn’t designed to have drawers below, you can still buy rollout drawers to place below your bed.
- Use a laundry basket to hold dirty clothes
Place dirty clothes in a laundry basket. This shall ensure you don’t mix dirty clothes and clean ones while also keeping your bedroom neat and organized.
- Place your accessories on the nightstand or bedside table
A bedside table or nightstand is a good place to place the accessories you use regularly. Place stuff such as rings, watches, and others on the nightstand or bedside table to make them easy to find every morning.
- Add wall decor to your bedroom walls
Wall decor brings life to your walls and improves the overall look of your bedroom. However, you should avoid placing too much wall decor on your bedroom walls. Get a painting, photo, or any other decor of your choice and place it on the wall in front of your bed.
- Add a bedside rug to your bedroom
A bedside rug makes a bedroom look cozy while also giving you a place to step on when you get out of bed. According to Juliette Thomas, an interior design expert at Juliet Interiors, adding a bedside rug makes your bedroom look stylish.
Tips To Keep Your Bedroom Organized
After organizing your bedroom, you should take care to avoid cluttering up your space again. Use the tips below to keep your bedroom organized.
- Replace stuff in its original position after use or when cleaning your bedroom to avoid spoiling your bedroom setup.
- Return any stuff you bring to use in the bedroom but don’t belong there to avoid piling them up which shall get your bedroom cluttered again
- Discard clothes and other products that you no longer use to free up space and avoid clutter
- Tag drawers to help you know what stuff you should place there. This way you can easily maintain your bedroom organization.
- Clean up the bedroom daily to keep it neat.
- Ways to keep your house warm in winter without grid electricity - December 13, 2023
- Spa Scents to use at home – Make your home smell like a spa - December 7, 2023
- How To Organize Your Bedroom The Right Way - December 2, 2023