The following are tips to save electricity consumption by an AC unit:
1. Set your thermostat to a reasonable temperature that nevertheless gives comfort while avoiding excessive energy use.
2. Invest in programmable thermostats: A programmable thermostat will automate temperature adjustments based on your schedule.
3. When you’re gone or sleeping, lower the temperature, and raise it when you’re at home and active.
4. Maintain your HVAC system on a regular basis: Schedule regular maintenance to ensure your heating system is working efficiently.
5. Insulate your home: Adequate insulation aids in heat retention and decreases the demand for constant heating.
6. Check the insulation on your walls, attic, and flooring.
7. Open your drapes and blinds during the day to allow natural sunshine to warm your house.
8. Ceiling fans may assist spread warm air around a space if used properly.
9. Set your ceiling fan to whirl clockwise at a low speed to force warm air down from the ceiling and increase overall heating efficiency.
10. Warm clothes, such as sweaters, socks, and slippers, should be worn instead of relying exclusively on the heating system to keep you warm indoors.
11. By layering, you can reduce the temperature without losing comfort.
Use zone heating: Instead of heating the entire house, use space heaters or electric blankets to heat only the areas where you spend the most time.
12. Consider window insulation: If your windows are exceptionally drafty, window insulation kits or thermal curtains can assist minimize heat loss and increase energy efficiency.
During winter power outages are a must and preparation is key. Here is a guide on how to keep a house warm during winter power outages.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here