To clean an AC unit on a camper, you will use a compressed gas duster can and a hard brush to dust off the coils of the AC unit. Compressed gas duster can is a really strong cleaning agent for electrical appliances. The duster is relatively affordable costing $13-$25 on average. The cleaning agent uses a spray mechanism that allows it to reach unreachable areas on your AC unit. The main advantage of using a compressed gas duster is due to its ability to get rid of tough stains and scum on the AC unit.
How To Clean AC Unit On Camper (Step-By-Step)
- The first step is to ensure safety by unplugging the AC unit chord from the power source. This is vital to avoid electrical shocks when cleaning the AC unit.
- Opening the cover to the coil unit: The cover is held down by screws. Use a screwdriver to remove all the screws. Once all the screws are off, lift off the cover. Ensure that you store the screws somewhere safe like a cup or a container so as not to lose them.
- Vacuum the inside of the coil compartment: When the coils have collected too much dust, you should use a vacuum cleaner first to blow off the dust. The dust can be a hindrance when cleaning.
- Spray the compressed gas duster on the coils and scrub using a brush. When spraying, make sure you reach every part of the coils. After spraying, use a brush to scrub off the tough stains.
- Finally, return the cover to the coil section of the AC unit. Place the lid and add the screws using a screwdriver. Make sure to screw tight.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here