You can clean your AC filter by using soap water and a soft brush. The brush should be soft so that it cannot damage the filter. An AC filter is inside the AC, therefore I will take you through the steps on how you can locate the filter and clean it.
How To Clean AC Unit Filter
- Unplug the AC unit from the source of power to avoid electric shocks.
- Open the front plate of your AC unit. Use a screwdriver to open the front plate of your AC unit. Do this carefully not to break the plate and ensure you store the screws somewhere they cannot be misplaced.
- Remove the filter from the AC unit. It is advisable to clean your AC unit filter once it is separated from the AC.
- Mix detergent with water and use a rag or a soft brush to scrub your filter. Rinse the filter with clean water and let it dry.
- Return the AC unit filter to the AC unit and screw in the front plate.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here