The coils of a window AC unit can be cleaned by using a brush or a rag to wipe the dust away. The coils are located inside the window AC unit, therefore, you will have to remove the front plate to find. I will take you through the steps on how to clean the coils of a window AC unit just so you could grasp the concept better.
How To Clean Window Ac Unit Coils
- The first step is to switch off the power supply to the window AC unit. When operating the window AC unit while it’s on you will be risking being electrocuted.
- The next thing will be to remove the front plate of the window AC unit. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold it to the rest of the window AC unit.
- Once the front plate is off, locate the coils. When you take off the filter, you will see the coils on the sides of the window AC unit.
- Use a small tender brush to clean the dust off the coils of your window AC unit. In case of tough stains, dip a rag into soap water and wipe the coils gently.
- Return the filter and the front plate to its original position after you are done. Screw in the front panel tightly and switch on the power to your window AC unit.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here