A window AC unit is cleaned by extracting the filter from the AC unit and then washing the filter using a rug, soap, and water. So that you may understand this process better, I will take you through the steps on how to clean a Window AC unit.
- Make sure your Window AC unit is off. Unplug the power chord from the socket. This is to avoid an electrical shock while handling the AC unit.
- The next step is to open the front cover of your window AC unit and remove the filter. The front case of the window AC unit can be removed by carefully opening it from the edges like a lid. Once you open your AC unit, extract the filter very carefully and place it on a wide table or open floor.
- After the filter is extracted, the next step will be to begin cleaning. Start by dusting the filter by using a vacuum cleaner. After ensuring there is no dust, you can now do a thorough cleaning on the window AC unit. Draw some water in a container, and get a bar soap and a rug. Use these to clean the filter. Make sure you reach every part of the filter. When done with scrubbing, rinse the filter to get rid of the soap completely.
- Leave the filter in the open air to dry. Ensure that the filter is completely dry so that when reinstalled to the window AC unit, it will not tamper with the electrical system.
- Finally, reinstall the filter to the window AC unit. Return the filter to its original position. After it is installed, return the front cover and make sure it holds tight.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here