The vents to a window AC unit are cleaned by using a vacuum cleaner to blow off the dust. In cases where serious stains have accumulated on the vents, you should use a rag and soap water to wipe the stains away. I will take you through the steps on how to clean window AC unit vents.
How To Clean Window AC Unit Vents
- The first step is to switch off the power supply to the window AC unit: This is a protective measure against electrical shocks. Cleaning the vents does not take that much time, therefore, you should not worry about the window AC unit being off for some minutes.
- Locate the vents: The vents to a window AC unit are usually on the top of the fins on the front plate as shown in the image above. This is where you can feel air blowing out when the AC unit is on.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to blow away the dust: Set your vacuum cleaner to low power and use it to blow away the dust on the vents until no more dust can be seen.
- After vacuuming, use soapy water, and a rag to clean off tough stains that the vacuum cannot get rid of. Dip the rag in soap water, wrap it in your finger, and wipe off the scum on each vent. After using soap water, get clean water and a clean rag. Dip the rag in clean water and wipe off the soap remnants on the vents. You will notice on doing this, the vents actually become cleaner.
- Let the vents dry for about 30 minutes: Now you can now power your window ac unit by plugging it back into the socket.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here