I used baking soda, vinegar, or hot water to dissolve hair in my drain. I am glad I found a long-lasting solution that keeps hair from going into my drain. This hair catcher prevents hair and other debris from going into my drain so I no longer worry about clogging issues. A combination of vinegar and baking soda is the most effective way but when I didn’t have them around, I used hot water to remove hair in my drain.
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda into your drain and wait for 10 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of vinegar down the drainage.
- Now flush your drain and this will definitely dissolve the hair in your drainage system.
Dissolving hair in a drain is also possible using hot water and a plunger. However, this is not as effective as when I use baking soda and vinegar. Below are the steps.
- Boiled water and have it in a bucket. For a bathroom, use your hot shower by setting the temperature high and letting the water go down the drain for a few minutes, like 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot water down your drain slowly to let it heat and loosen the hairs.
- Now use a plunger to force the loosened hair out of your drain and you shall clear hairs in your drain.
If this method fails to dissolve the hair in your drain, it’s advisable to hire a professional plumber to handle the job.
Please up-vote my answer if it helps you. Thank you.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here