You can lower your electric bill in Massachusetts by making use of the organizations set to help citizens with their electric problems. These organizations help in the following ways:
- Provide electric maintenance to households that are not that well off. The organization that oversees this is known as The Heating Emergency Assistance Retrofit Task Weatherization Assistance Program (HEARTWAP)
- They provide advice on how to lower electric bills. Mass Save is the organization that oversees this.
You can also lower your electric bills by reducing the amount of electric energy in your home in the following ways:
How To Reduce Electric Consumption
- Switch off light bulbs that are not in use. When a room is empty, switch off the lights to preserve energy.
- Make use of natural light during the day. When the sun is up, there is no use of switchingon light bulbs.
- Turn your refrigerator’s energy level to half or lower. There is a knob inside the fridge that will let you do this.
- Turn off the air conditioner when no one is in the house. Air conditioners use the most electricity.
- Do not leave your iron box on when not using it.
- Take cold showers once in a while or take short hot showers.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here