There are various electric appliances that use electricity overnight even when switched off e.g. TVs. These electric appliances not only need to be turned off. After being turned off, you should unplug the power chord from the power source. Some examples of these electric appliances are computers, sound systems e.g. radios, and kitchen electric appliances among others. Other electric appliances that use electricity overnight are:
- Refrigerators: Refrigerators cannot be turned off at night unless they are totally empty.
- Air conditioner: Air conditioners are very important, especially during summer and winter.
- Security lights: At night, security light bulbs are used to keep away dangerous people and animals.
How to conserve electricity overnight
- Make sure you switch off every light bulb except security lights. Wake up early to turn off security lights.
- Unplug entertainment electric appliances, office electric appliances, kitchen electric appliances, and chargers from the power source.
- Sleep early.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here