Self-evaporating portable air conditioners automatically release moisture as it accumulates. Air conditioners that do not have this feature require the owner to empty the moisture manually. This is time-consuming and may also damage an air conditioner over time. Portable self-evaporating air-conditioners are, therefore, preferred because the owner does not have to engage the appliance physically at any point.
The technology used to release excess moisture is different for different types of air-conditioners.
How Self-Evaporating Portable Air Conditioners Release Excess Moisture
- When a portable air conditioner cools down, moisture is formed on the air conditioner’s water tray through condensation.
- Portable air-conditioners without the feature to self-evaporate are emptied often manually.
- A self-evaporating air conditioner uses Auto-drain technology.
- This technology automatically recycles moisture collected and releases the moisture into the air.
- This feature is triggered every time the water tray is full. You, therefore, do not need to check whether it’s full or not every once in a while.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here