Pour and spread epoxy evenly on the garage floor. Before pouring the epoxy, you need to ensure to follow the following steps that will guide you on how to epoxy garage floors:
- You will first clean your floor thoroughly. You can use water but after you finish cleaning, let the floor dry completely. After the floor is dry, vacuum the floor to ensure there are no particles of any kind.
- Prepare and mix the epoxy. Mix your resin and hardener in a 2:1 ratio, for example, 2 liters of resin and one liter of hardener. Stir continuously to properly mix the epoxy.
- Apply epoxy to the edges of the floor. It is easier to start with the edges because the floor can be walked on freely before the epoxy is applied to it.
- Pour the epoxy on the floor as soon as you finish mixing.
- Start spreading the epoxy immediately. Epoxy dries after 2-3 hours on average. Use a painting roller to spread out the epoxy. Begin from the corners or the center of the floor as you proceed. Be sure the epoxy is spread completely.
- The floor is now ready for epoxy chips. Do this as soon as you finish spreading epoxy. If the epoxy dries, it will be ineffective.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here