A Genie garage door opener is programmed by erasing all the previous codes on your garage door opener. A genie garage door opener has a different design from conventional garage door openers. To help you understand better, I will take you through the process of programming your genie garage door opener.
How To Program A Genie Garage Door Opener
- The first step is to press the square button on the lower end of the genie garage door opener.
- Hold the button down until it releases a blue glow on the LED light beside it. Wait for the glow to start glowing.
- The glowing blue color will change to a blinking purple color after a few seconds.
- When the purple color starts blinking, you will press any button of your choice on the genie garage door remote control immediately. Remember to make sure that your garage door remote control and garage door opener are not too close to each other.
- The purple blinking light will turn into a solid purple color when you press the remote.
- When it turns solid, press the same button you pressed earlier and the purple solid light will go off. When you press the open or close door the remote will work.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here