A garage door opener can be fixed by checking for common problems and fixing each of them separately as you test whether the door can open or not. A garage door not opening may be due to a couple of problems. One has to try fixing the following problems when a garage door stops working:
- Replace remote batteries: Replace the batteries in your garage remote control and test if the garage will open. This is rare, but batteries may be depleted, so it’s a good thing to be sure that that is not the problem at hand.
- Confirm that the cord to the opener is properly plugged in: If it is, try unplugging and plugging it in again. Test whether the door can open. If not, try unplugging the cord again and plug it in again. Do this up to five times as you test whether the door can open.
- Confirm garage opener settings on the manual: In most cases, one may have pressed the lock button on the garage door without their knowledge. Most people concentrate on the close and open buttons. Try unlocking this setting and then test whether the garage door opens. If it doesn’t, go through the manual and study the other buttons to be sure that your problem does not lie there.
- Reperogramme your garage remote control. Read the manual and try programming your remote control again and then test whether the garage door can open.
- Make sure your sensor is clean to avoid obstruction: The sensor should be cleaned often to ensure the signal is received clearly. Use a clean cloth to clean the sensor’s monitor and then test whether it works.
- Check whether the chains opening the door are in good shape: If they are broken, call a professional to fix that for you.
- Confirm that all the wires that are connected to the sensor are not compromised: If there is an altercation, call an electrician to fix that for you.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here