You can reprogram a garage door by deleting the previous codes. If you are not sure non how to erase the previous garage door codes, I have made a step-by-step guide on how to reprogram a garage door opener.
How To Reprogram A Garage Door Opener
- Press the learn button on the garage opener:
- On your garage door opener on the bottom right is a button written in caps LEARN, usually purple in color.
- Press the learn button and hold until a light flashes directly on top of the learn button.
- Hold down the learn button until the light goes off. By doing this, you are erasing all the codes. At this point, the remote cannot open the garage door.
- Push the learn button once more. When you push the button, a light will blink.
- When it does, immediately press the open button on your garage door remote control.
- The moment you press it, the light will go off in an instant. This indicates that the reprogramming was successful
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here