A garage door opener is installed by mounting a garage drive unit and mortar above the garage door. A switch wire is then connected from the mortar to the garage opener to power the opener. The following are the detailed steps on how to install a garage door opener:
- The first step is to make sure the garage door is working properly. Check the spring that controls the opening and closing of the garage door. Open and close the door manually to test whether it works effectively. Check the wheels of the garage door to make sure they have no problem.
- Attach the mortar to the drive unit.
- Attach the mortar and the drive unit to the garage ceiling. Get someone to help because of the heaviness of the mortar.
- Mount the drive unit to the header section on top of the garage door. Open the door to the end to locate the header section.
- Mount the garage opener to the wall beside the garage door.
- Connect the switch cable from the mortar to the garage opener.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here