You can paint your kitchen cabinets by using oil-based paint and a paintbrush. Before you paint, you should wrap up the handles with masking paper so that the paint does not spill onto them. Let me take you through a detailed step-by-step explanation of how to paint your kitchen cabinets.
- Buy all the necessary requirements. This includes paint, paintbrushes, protective gear, and pretaped masking paper. The amount of paint you need depends on the size of your kitchen cabinets. Protective gear should include a gas mask, overall, and gloves.
- Clear and mask the kitchen area by using masking papers. Take out all the utensils and any other kitchen appliances. Conceal the parts on your kitchen area that will not be appointed e.g. cabinet handles, sink, among other areas.
- Wipe your kitchen cabinets using a cloth dipped in water.
- Use sandpaper to rub off the existing paint coat on your kitchen cabinets. Make sure you reach every part of your cabinets. Sanding softens the surfaces in readiness for painting.
- Start painting the kitchen cabinets by using a paintbrush. A paintbrush is preferred for painting the kitchen cabinet because it reaches every corner of the cabinet, unlike roller painters.
- After you finish painting, wait for 12 hours on average for the paint to dry. While the paint dries, ensure that no one enters the kitchen due to the dangers of oil paint to the respiratory system.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here