The right way to paint a garage door is by applying your paint of choice only after the metal primer has dried. For the effectiveness of your point, you should first add metal primers before you start painting. I will take you through the steps to paint a metal garage door so you can understand it better.
How To Paint A Metal Garage Door
- Gather all the tools that you will need before starting the process. Ensure you have the following basic tools:
b) Paintbrush or paint roller
c) Protective gear
- After getting everything you need, prepare your door for painting. You will do this by smoothening the surface of the garage door and getting rid of the previous paint by using sandpaper.
- When you finish sanding your metal garage door, the next step is to get rid of the dust. You will do this by wiping the garage door with a cloth and water.
- When the garage door is clean, apply metal prime. Let it dry for a while.
- When the primer dries, apply the paint using a paintbrush or a roller. Make sure the paint touches every crevice. When you are done, let the paint dry and you will have painted your garage door successfully.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here