To reduce your monthly internet bills, consider reducing the speed of your internet to the minimum level that you need. This is especially if you do not have activities that need high internet speed, for instance, streaming doesn’t need too high internet speed. By reducing the internet speed you shall go from a cheaper package that shall reduce your internet bills. Below are more tips that can help to reduce home internet bills;
- Use internet providers who offer cost-cutting deals, for instance, some providers offer discounts for quarterly or annual internet subscriptions. By paying for an annual internet package, you shall reduce the cost without reducing the speed if you have tasks that need high internet speed.
- Take advantage of internet capons to reduce your internet bills. For example, you can go for a home internet provider who offers first-time connection discounts for new customers.
- Another way is having your own internet infrastructure. Buy your internet modem and router then rent the provider’s internet alone. Avoid using an internet provider’s ‘free’ modem and router as this gets you fixed to that provider and you won’t change to a cheaper provider easily whenever you find one. Having your own internet infrastructure set up makes it easy for you to swap to an affordable provider any time you need.
- Ask for internet cost reduction from your current provider in case you do not want to swap their services to a cheaper provider. The best way to have your internet costs reduced by your provider is by researching other providers’ costs around your area and finding those who offer cheaper packages than your current provider. Then you can call your provider and let them know about how cheap their competitor’s packages are and ask them to reduce your current package price to match their competitors. Let them know that you plan and are ready to swap them if they fail to reduce the cost and sure they shall reduce your internet package price consequently reducing your home internet bills.
- In case you qualify, go for the federal communication’s Affordable Connectivity program internet subsidy. Find out more about the affordable connectivity program here.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here