Different designs of toilets have their toilet seats installed differently. The most common type of toilet has its toilet seat held down by nuts. To remove a toilet seat, you will remove the nuts and screws holding the toilet seat down. As simple as that but if you still do not understand, follow the steps below:
How To Remove A Toilet Seat
- Lower the toilet seat to expose two knobs.
- Turn both knobs to the left. These knobs act as locks and they are unlocked when moved to the left. When locked, the toilet seat will not budge no matter the circumstance.
- Remove the nuts directly below the two lock knobs. Turn them anticlockwise until they are completely removed.
- Pull the toilet seat up and it will come off without any trouble.
How To Remove A Toilet Seat With Plastic Screws
- Lower the toilet seat to completely expose two plastic caps.
- Lift the caps off by using your finger. This will expose the screwdrivers.
- Use pliers to hold the nut directly below the cups and turn the screwdriver anticlockwise until the nut comes off. Do the same for the other side. Pull the screws off.
- When the screws are off, you can easily pull off the toilet seat.
How To Remove A Toilet Seat On A Modern Toilet.
- Lift your toilet seat.
- Hold the buttons linking the toilet seat to the toilet bowl.
- Pull up the toilet seat while the buttons are held down and it will come off.
I believe this information will help you. If you don’t mind, please upvote this answer.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here