We all agree that using a toilet with a loose seat is very uncomfortable. You can fix this yourself with ease without having to call a plumber. All you need is a screwdriver. A toilet seat is tightened by tightening the screws that hold it to the toilet bowl with a screwdriver.
How To Tighten A Toilet Seat With Exposed Fixings
This type of toilet has screws connecting the toilet seat to the toilet exposed. Follow these steps to tighten the toilet seat:
- Close the toilet seat so that the screws are completely exposed.
- Use a screwdriver and turn the screws clockwise until the screw stops moving. With this, you will have tightened your toilet seat successfully.
How To Tighten A Toilet Seat With Hidden Fittings
These are toilets that have caps covering the screws. Follow the following steps to tighten the toilet seat:
- Remove the toilet seat. There are buttons holding the toilet seat to the toilet bowl. Press them from inwards at the same time and the toilet seat will come off.
- You will see two silver caps where the toilet seat was. Remove the caps by pulling them out. The screws will now be exposed.
- Use a screwdriver to tighten the screws by turning them clockwise until it comes to a stop.
- Return the caps and then the toilet seat by holding both buttons in. When you release them, they will snap back automatically.
How To Tighten A Toilet Seat On A Modern Toilet
- Remove the toilet seat by pulling it up and it will come off. Modern toilet seats easily come off the hinges when pressure is applied.
- Remove the caps covering the screws by pulling them out.
- Use a screwdriver and spin the screws clockwise until it stops moving completely.
- Reinstall the caps and the toilet seat.
I am hoping this was helpful. Take a second to upvote my answer if you agree.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here