You can unclog a sink drain by using vinegar and baking soda. Vinegar is one of the best home cleaning agents to its ability to break down tough germs that even hot water has no effect on. There are steps you should follow to ensure that the sink gets unclogged successfully. Below is a detailed step-by-step guideline on how to unclog a sink drain.
How To Unclog A Sink Drain (Step-By-Step)
- Clean the sink. The first step to unclogging a sink drain is decluttering the sink and cleaning afterward. This is to get a good view of the drain so that you have an easy time when unclogging.
- Add a 1/2-3/4 cup of baking soda to the sink drain. Carefully pour baking soda into the drainage of your sink. Let the baking soda for 10 minutes at most.
- Add one cup of vinegar to the sink drainage: Pour 1 cup of vinegar into the sink drain. Make sure that all of the vinegar content goes into the target.
- Wait for 30 minutes: This is the period when the vinegar and the baking soda react and break down the germs in the sink drain. The level of clog determines how long you will wait. When the clog is very notorious, you will wait for more than 30 minutes for the vinegar to take effect.
- Pour hot water into the sink drain: This is to wash down the germs that have been broken down by the vinegar you added earlier.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here