You can clean your AC unit drain line by pouring bleach and water solution through the primary drain pipe. Bleach disinfects the drain line and as it passes through it removes even the toughest stains.
How To Clean Your AC Unit Drain
- Safety first: Make sure you unplug the power chord of the AC unit from the power source. This is to avoid electrical shocks.
- Step 2 is locating the primary drain line: The primary drain line is in the coil compartment of the AC unit. The drain line is made from PVC material. An important fact to know is that the primary drain line connects to other AC unit drains.
- Once you locate the primary drain pipe, the next step will be to open the lid on top of the primary drain line.
- Carefully pour the bleach and water solution into the opening of the primary drain line. Add the solution little by little so that it does not come back up. The amount of bleach and water solution you will need is 3-5 liters on average.
- When done, confirm from the outdoor drainage system if the solution is coming out. If it is, wait for all of the solutions to come out. When it stops coming out of the drain line, your drain line will be clean. Return the lid to the primary drain line and plug in your AC unit.
When the bleach and water solution stops coming out, you can attach a vacuum cleaner to the drain line to dry it. Apart from bleach and water solution, vinegar is also a very good cleaning agent for AC unit drain lines.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here