I have a whirlpool refrigerator that has been working well. However, for two days now, the light bulb inside my refrigirator is not working. I want to replace it but I am facing challenges that I need help with. First, I have searched for the replacement bulb all over in vain, then all the guides I have seen about replacing the light bulb don’t seem to work for mine since my lightbulb is different from the regular bulbs I have seen in guides especially on YouTube.
I have included a picture of my refrigirator light bulb for reference. Thanks all.
To replace a light bulb in a whirlpool refrigerator, you remove the light bulb cover, screw in the new light bulb. Below is a detailed strep-by-step explanation on how to replace a light bulb in a whirlpool refrigirator.
- The first step is to unplug the chord to the refrigerator. Electricity is dangerous, therefore, this is a precautios measure to avoid electrical shocks.
- The next step is to remove the cover to the light bulb. Be careful not to break it.
- After the cover is off, carefully remove the existing light bulb. After you are done, return the cover to its original position. Wrap it in a polythene bag.
- Visit an electrical appliance outlet and do not forget to take the previous light bulb with you. This is so that you can get the exact replacement of the light bulb. Light bulbs have small differences in size that you may buy a different light bulb without your knowledge. Make sure you test the light bulb while at the electrical appliance outlet.
- The final step is screwing the bulb to your refrigerator. Carefully remove the light bulb cover. When its off, screw in the light bulb gently and when it stops moving you should stop too. Do not force the bulb to hold tight for it may break under pressure. After the light bulb is fixed, return the light bulb cover to its initial position.
- Plug in the refrigirator.
Didn't find a solution? we are here to help each other, you can ask here or search below.
Need a professional construction worker?
You are here